Anti-torture charity targets pensioners with AdSmart
Freedom From Torture, the anti-torture charity, is launching a campaign that uses Sky AdSmart to target households most likely to donate to the cause.
The DRTV campaign, called "I am Marie", launches tomorrow on Sky channels. It tells the story of Marie, an African torture survivor, who narrates her story to the camera.
Freedom From Torture is the first charity to use Sky’s AdSmart system, which serves appropriate ads to certain households based on the data Sky has on its customers.
The campaign will use data held in the Sky+ set-top boxes, such as age or income, to pick the households that will see the ad.
The campaign will be served to those of retirement age in London and the South East, as well as people considered to be more affluent and so more likely to donate.
The creative agency Other claims the approach lowers costs and produces a highly effective campaign.
The 60-second commercial tells the story of Marie, who publically opposed child trafficking in her country and was arrested by the authorities, beaten, tortured and raped.
The creative director at Other was Alex Fea and the executive creative director was Jon Dobinson. Nathan Morris directed the spot through Archers Mark.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Account Director - Media Agency; £50k + Bens Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + First Class Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Sales Manager, premium media owner Ultimate Asset £38000 - £48000 per annum + +uncapped comm, London
- Senior Digital Account Manager: Film Client £45k Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Head of Agency Sales Ultimate Asset £60000 - £65000 per annum + +comm, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER @ BOUTIQUE MEDIA AGENCY - £40k! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, London
- Major DSP, Dutch Country Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + + £35k comm, London