Mondelez gives Cannes-winning Oreo campaign an Irish twist
Oreo cookies pay homage to Dublin's landmarks in the first outdoor campaign launched by Mondelez in Ireland for the snack brand.
Created by DraftFCB London, the campaign highlights Dublin attractions using Oreo cookies’ white cream and dark chocolate biscuit, in a series of images promoting landmarks such as the city’s Writers Museum and Croke Park Stadium.
Dan Shone and James White wrote the copy for the campaign, while Sean Cullen and Henry Finnegan art directed it.
David Harris, the executive creative director at DraftFCB London, said: "Through the iconic images of Oreos, this campaign invites people to get together and discover the less well-known, more unconventional parts of Dublin.
"In addition to helping connect them with each other, we direct them to different events in a fun and playful way."
The campaign runs until 4 November and covers out-of-home, press, experiential and social media.
Its delivery is the result of agency PHD winning €150,000 (£127,000) of media space in JCDecaux’s 'Fame – The Agency Edition' competition.
Jonathan Ryan, the brand manager for biscuits, Ireland at Mondelez International, said: "We were delighted to have won ‘Fame – The Agency Edition’ and now we can showcase the personality of the Oreo brand using a uniquely Dublin twist."
Oreo is also transforming the city’s public transport with bus wraps and special station activity.
When the Oreo Express, a wrapped train, pulls into Dublin’s Pearse station, a branded installation will dispense Oreo samples. In addition, the brand will support runners with a good luck message and goody bag contribution at the Dublin Marathon on 28 October.
The Dublin push follows Oreo’s "daily twist" drive that won a Cyber Grand Prix at the Cannes Lions festival this year, for a 100-day campaign that reinvented news stories with an "Oreo twist" to celebrate the biscuit’s 100th anniversary.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £42500 per annum, London
- Mid-Weight Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital project Manager, digital technology - £40-50K Source £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Berkshire