Beiersdorf hires AKQA for Northern Europe digital
Beiersdorf, the owner of skincare brand Nivea, has hired AKQA as its digital agency of record across Northern Europe.
Beiersdorf: Nivea owner appoints AKQA as its digital agency for Northern Europe
WPP's AKQA saw off competition from incumbent agencies CMW London and Agency Republic, as well as LBI, to win the brief. AKQA will work on the skincare brands Nivea, Nivea Men, Eucerin and Elastoplast across the UK, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Norway and Sweden.
The pitch came after an internal restructure and job cuts at Beiersdorf and, according to sources close to the process, the company was keen to appoint a single agency with multiple offices across Northern Europe to the account.
Agency Republic was the incumbent agency on the digital account for the female Nivea brand, while CMW worked on Nivea Men.
Neil George, the marketing director at Nivea and Nivea Men, said: "The northern European marketing team has gone through an exciting transformation over the last 18 months from a country-based marketing and agency structure, to a world-class, one northern European marketing team.
"The appointment of AKQA reflects the next stage of our transformation and they complement the already excellent agency ecosystem we have within our team."
Last year, Beiersdorf moved its Northern European planning and buying account into WPP’s MEC, from Carat, which is now part of Dentsu following its purchase of Aegis.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing EMR £60000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Account Director Beyond The Book Negotiable, Milton Keynes