Beiersdorf hires AKQA for Northern Europe digital
Beiersdorf, the owner of skincare brand Nivea, has hired AKQA as its digital agency of record across Northern Europe.
Beiersdorf: Nivea owner appoints AKQA as its digital agency for Northern Europe
WPP's AKQA saw off competition from incumbent agencies CMW London and Agency Republic, as well as LBI, to win the brief. AKQA will work on the skincare brands Nivea, Nivea Men, Eucerin and Elastoplast across the UK, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Ireland, Norway and Sweden.
The pitch came after an internal restructure and job cuts at Beiersdorf and, according to sources close to the process, the company was keen to appoint a single agency with multiple offices across Northern Europe to the account.
Agency Republic was the incumbent agency on the digital account for the female Nivea brand, while CMW worked on Nivea Men.
Neil George, the marketing director at Nivea and Nivea Men, said: "The northern European marketing team has gone through an exciting transformation over the last 18 months from a country-based marketing and agency structure, to a world-class, one northern European marketing team.
"The appointment of AKQA reflects the next stage of our transformation and they complement the already excellent agency ecosystem we have within our team."
Last year, Beiersdorf moved its Northern European planning and buying account into WPP’s MEC, from Carat, which is now part of Dentsu following its purchase of Aegis.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director - FMCG & Retail to £55k Network Career Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum, City of London