London Live appoints Engine6 to develop digital delivery
ESTV's London Live, Evgeny Lebedev's local TV station, continues to prepare for its Spring launch with the appointment of technology specialist Engine6 to develop its online delivery platform.
London Live: appoints Engine6 to develop digital delivery
Engine6 has been tasked with creating an interactive experience for London Live feauring content from the channel and The Evening Standard and Independent’s editorial news teams. It will also include user generated videos, pictures and comments in an attempt to keep Londoners at the heart of the channel.
The online service will be rolled out across desktop, tablet, mobile and video wall screens, and visually brought to life by creative design studio 100 Shapes.
The hiring of Engine6 follows a competitive pitch, with the London Live team being impressed by the three year old agency’s innovaive ideas.
The new site will also feed directly into the existing London Evening Standard website, www.standard.co.uk.
Zach Leonard, managing director of digital at London Evening Standard and Independent Newspapers, was involved with the appointment. His digital team will provide the on-going support for London Live, managing the structure and the plumbing of its advertising offering.
Tim Kirkman, chief operating officer at London Live, said: "TV is undergoing a huge shift and there are new opportunities with digital platforms to deliver a unique and forward-thinking TV channel for London. Engine6 will help us achieve that goal."
ESTV won the London television franchise auction in February 2013 and plans to launch London Live in March 2014. It will be available on Freeview 8, Sky 117 and Virgin 159 as well as non-linear digital formats.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)