Alton Towers owner awards £11.2m ad account to TBWA\Manchester
Merlin Entertainments, the theme park business, has appointed TBWA\Manchester to an ongoing contract worth £11.2m annually after a competitive pitch.
Merlin Entertainments: appoints TBWA\Manchester
The advertising deal covers Merlin’s theme parks including Alton Towers Resort, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures and Warwick Castle in the UK; the Heide Park Resort in Germany, and the Gardaland Resort in Italy.
The relationship has kicked off this week and TBWA\Manchester’s brief includes launch campaigns for new rides and attractions, as well as communications for the resort theme park portfolio.
Strategy planning is now underway at the agency, with assets passing from the incumbent DLKW Lowe to TBWA\Manchester.
Fergus McCallum, the chief executive of TBWA\Manchester, said: "Merlin is the UK and Europe’s leading visitor attraction operator.
"Delivering effective communications across such a highly diverse portfolio of market-leading resort theme park brands, each of which has its own very clear positioning and profile, is not only a hugely exciting and challenging prospect, but also a great creative opportunity for the agency."
In a separate pitch process, Merlin’s Legoland ad work is also under review. The Legoland attraction has worked with DLKW Lowe on a project basis since 2005.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)