Pitch update: Grey withdraws from BA pitch
The latest updates from Homebase and Argos parent, Home Retail Group, SSE and British Airways pitches.
Home Retail Group: contacting shops over potentially launching two brands
Curious early rumblings from Home Retail Group, the owner of Homebase and Argos, which has been contacting ad agencies concerning what it claims is the launch of two mysterious brands. Leo Burnett is the incumbent on Homebase and CHI & Partners looks after Argos, so it seems that the retailer is looking to expand its roster. Watch this space for more details.
SSE’s media review, which started in July, continues with the UK’s second-largest energy supplier inviting four agencies to pitch this week. The shops involved are MEC, Mindshare, OMD and ZenithOptimedia – but this list is expected to be cut down to a final two, possibly as early as the end of the week. The energy supplier spent about £5 million on advertising last year, but has ambitions to make an impact with a new marketing push in the New Year.
The British Airways ad pitchlist just got a bit shorter, with Grey London withdrawing from the process. This leaves Anomaly, Bartle Bogle Hegarty, Mother, Ogilvy and SapientNitro still involved in the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager AF Selection Up to £30,000, Manchester
- Group Account Director, Digital role, fashion and beauty brand, £80k MODA consult £80k + excellent benefits, Central London
- Head of Digital Marketing - Nottingham Trent University Stopgap £70000 - £79500 per annum + benefits, Nottingham
- Senior Research Executive - Boutique Research Agency NG Digital Marketing up to £35k, Central London
- Consumer Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing £55 per annum + car, benefits, London