Karmarama hired for £3m Sun-Pat and Hartley's relaunch
Karmarama has been appointed as the lead agency for Sun-Pat and Hartley's by Hain Daniels, which bought the peanut butter and jam brands from Premier Foods last year.
Hartley's: Karmarama to relaunch jam and jelly brand with multimedia campaign
The independent agency was appointed after a three-way pitch that began in May.
Karmarama will now return the brands to above-the-line advertising, after having been "ignored for years", according to Nigel Parrott, the Hain Daniels commercial and marketing director, .
The first task is a relaunch of the Hartley’s brand, which includes jams and jellies, across press, TV, and digital.
A relaunch will also take place for Sun-Pat peanut butter, which is not believed to have used above-the-line advertising for more than a decade.
Hain Daniels confirmed it plans to spend £3 million on media in the coming year.
The US food group Hain Celestial bought the two brands from Premier in October 2012, as part of a deal reported to be worth £200 million, which included Gale's honey, Robertson's squash and Frank Cooper's marmalade.
Hain Celestial then created Hain Daniels as its subsidiary in the UK.
Parrott said: "Hain Daniels’ recent acquisition of the sweet spreads and jelly business has brought a wonderful set of brands that have been ignored for years.
"Karmarama were the ideal partner to help us deliver the creative solutions to our brands that will generate future growth through making the portfolio more relevant to today’s consumers."
Sun Pat claims to be used for 300 million sandwiches and rounds of toast every year in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London