Cisco Systems kicks off global CRM review
Cisco Systems, the internet network provider, has kicked off a global CRM review.
OgilvyOne worked on the CRM business in the UK until 2012, when Cisco shifted its global ad account from Ogilvy Group to Goodby,Silverstein & Partners, the full-service agency based in San Francisco.
It is not known how advanced the process is, but agencies based in the UK and the US have been contacted. Cisco did not respond to requests for comment.
In 2001, Cisco appointed the London-based Agency Republic to an online and offline UK CRM brief, then valued at £3.5 million.
The company provides software and hardware for business networking, such as conferencing phones, cloud management, routers, switches and security systems.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)