BT Sport enters people's homes for new ad
BT will promote the wide range of sport on its channels through a new TV ad starring the presenter Jake Humphrey that launches this evening (12 November).
In the new spot, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Humphrey is freed from the BT Sport studio to visit people watching live coverage from the broadcaster.
As the ad and Humphrey flip through front rooms, pubs, kitchens and a barber's, the people in the various settings are so engrossed in the live action on BT Sport that they do not notice him.
The ad was written by Matt King, art directed by Larry Dyer and directed by Ben Wheatley through Moxie Pictures. Maxus handled media planning and buying.
David James, BT's consumer marketing director, said: "For the winter ad, we felt now was the time to move on and focus more on the passion the fans feel for the fantastic live sport we have on offer.
"I hope viewers will really enjoy the new ad – it’s a showcase of the great action we have coming up, including more Barclays Premier League top-pick matches than Sky Sports from now until the end of the season.
"We also hope people like the visual twist in the ad as Jake joins the fans."
Last week, BT won the rights to broadcast the whole of the Uefa Champions League and Uefa Europa League from 2015 after bidding £299 million a year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London