The Upside start-up launches with Adidas and Giffgaff work
Niku Banaie, the former chief innovation officer at Isobar, has launched The Upside, a start-up designed to help brands such as Adidas and Giffgaff capitalise on changing digital communications.
Niku Banaie: launches The Upside
Banaie has set up the shop with Tom Himpe, who used to be the head of comms planning at Anomaly London, and Sam Reid, the founder of creative collective Guided.
The start-up opens with clients including the Richemont Group, Penguin Random House, University of the Arts London and the Belgian public broadcaster VRT.
The shop will be set up as sets of teams to "plug in" to its clients' design, service, ecommunications and marketing teams, in order to help them with the challenges that real-time, content and multi-channel communications throw up.
The Upside’s work with Adidas includes working on its e-commerce business; while the start-up is working with Giffgaff on its media mix and with Penguin Random House to help its authors build new relationships with readers.
The shop will also create its own products. An initial mobile app called Tapestry allows people to save and share clothing and fashion products. It was initially supported by Diesel and will soon be trialled by the Liberty department store.
Banaie said: "We are seeing rapid shifts in the marketing industry, so we’re here to help companies figure out how to deliver and embrace solutions that can adapt with the pace of change and lay a foundation for a prosperous way forward."
Banaie left Isobar, then Glue Isobar, in September 2012 after four years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)