The Upside start-up launches with Adidas and Giffgaff work
Niku Banaie, the former chief innovation officer at Isobar, has launched The Upside, a start-up designed to help brands such as Adidas and Giffgaff capitalise on changing digital communications.
Niku Banaie: launches The Upside
Banaie has set up the shop with Tom Himpe, who used to be the head of comms planning at Anomaly London, and Sam Reid, the founder of creative collective Guided.
The start-up opens with clients including the Richemont Group, Penguin Random House, University of the Arts London and the Belgian public broadcaster VRT.
The shop will be set up as sets of teams to "plug in" to its clients' design, service, ecommunications and marketing teams, in order to help them with the challenges that real-time, content and multi-channel communications throw up.
The Upside’s work with Adidas includes working on its e-commerce business; while the start-up is working with Giffgaff on its media mix and with Penguin Random House to help its authors build new relationships with readers.
The shop will also create its own products. An initial mobile app called Tapestry allows people to save and share clothing and fashion products. It was initially supported by Diesel and will soon be trialled by the Liberty department store.
Banaie said: "We are seeing rapid shifts in the marketing industry, so we’re here to help companies figure out how to deliver and embrace solutions that can adapt with the pace of change and lay a foundation for a prosperous way forward."
Banaie left Isobar, then Glue Isobar, in September 2012 after four years.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london