Gary Barlow meets the meerkats in Comparethemarket ad
Gary Barlow has teamed up with Comparethemarket.com's meerkat mascots in an ad campaign, ahead of the launch of the singer's latest album.
A 30-second teaser spot airs tonight on ITV during ‘Coronation Street’ and will be followed by a second ad later this month.
In the ad, Aleksandr Orlov – the fictional meerkat owner of Comparethemeerkat.com – approaches Barlow as he is running along the bank of Manchester’s Irwell River, and asks him to perform a song with his meerkat band at a 'Coronation Street' party.
Barlow agrees to the request, so long as Orlov stops following him.
Barlow’s appearance comes ahead of the release of his album called ‘Since I Saw You Last’, on 25 November.
Comparethemarket.com has sponsored 'Coronation Street' since 2012, when it signed a £30 million, three-year deal.
VCCP created the latest spot, which was written by Javier Romartinex, art directed by Stephen Misir, and directed by Darren Walsh through Passion Pictures. ZenithOptimedia handled the media buying and planning.
Barlow said: "Aleksandr approached me for an unusual request – watch this space to see happens."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Consultant Future Trends Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £65000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Client Sales Account Manager (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £40000 - £45000 per annum + 30% bonus , London