Havas beats WPP to retain EDF media account
EDF Energy, the company that is majority-owned by the French state, has retained Havas Media as its media planning and buying agency after a final shoot-out against WPP's Group M.
EDF: UK and France focus
It is the second time that Havas Media has defended the business.
The network will continue to handle media planning and buying for the utility, which spent £23.9 million in the UK in the 12 months to 30 September 2012.
The review, which was led by Cameron Hughes, the head of brand at EDF Energy, kicked off in May and involved a number of holding groups.
Havas Media, then known as MPG Media Contacts, retained the French and UK accounts in 2010 after a similar statutory review, when the combined business was valued at £66 million.
MPG won the UK account from Manning Gottlieb OMD in 2007.
EDF Energy operates in Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Hungary, Italy, the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Ukraine and Switzerland. An estimated 80 per cent of its business is in the UK
The company’s latest ad campaign, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, featured its brand mascot Zingy.
A spokeswoman for Havas Media declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...