Johnnie Walker smashes glass car for responsible drinking ad
A car made out of Johnnie Walker glasses is smashed to bits as part of the Diageo-owned brand’s anti-drink driving campaign timed to coincide with the festive period.
Johnnie Walker: running responsible drinking campaign
Inspired by the fragility of glass, the 90-second CGI film shows a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes F1 car being formed entirely out of Johnnie Walker whisky glasses.
A voiceover describes how a split second decision can be the difference between finishing "first, last or not at all", at which point the car appears to crash and shatters into pieces.
The campaign aims to gather an additional 1m pledges to 'Join The Pact' to never drink and drive, with each virtual glass engraved with the hashtag #ImNOTdriving, which consumers are being asked to use to show their commitment to the cause.
Brand: Johnnie Walker
Client: Ewan Topping, global marketing manager, Johnnie Walker Sponsorship and Carolyn Panzer, director of corporate social responsibility, Diageo
Agency: Iris Worldwide, Singapore
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London