Johnnie Walker smashes glass car for responsible drinking ad
A car made out of Johnnie Walker glasses is smashed to bits as part of the Diageo-owned brand’s anti-drink driving campaign timed to coincide with the festive period.
Johnnie Walker: running responsible drinking campaign
Inspired by the fragility of glass, the 90-second CGI film shows a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes F1 car being formed entirely out of Johnnie Walker whisky glasses.
A voiceover describes how a split second decision can be the difference between finishing "first, last or not at all", at which point the car appears to crash and shatters into pieces.
The campaign aims to gather an additional 1m pledges to 'Join The Pact' to never drink and drive, with each virtual glass engraved with the hashtag #ImNOTdriving, which consumers are being asked to use to show their commitment to the cause.
Brand: Johnnie Walker
Client: Ewan Topping, global marketing manager, Johnnie Walker Sponsorship and Carolyn Panzer, director of corporate social responsibility, Diageo
Agency: Iris Worldwide, Singapore
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire