Johnnie Walker smashes glass car for responsible drinking ad
A car made out of Johnnie Walker glasses is smashed to bits as part of the Diageo-owned brand’s anti-drink driving campaign timed to coincide with the festive period.
Johnnie Walker: running responsible drinking campaign
Inspired by the fragility of glass, the 90-second CGI film shows a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes F1 car being formed entirely out of Johnnie Walker whisky glasses.
A voiceover describes how a split second decision can be the difference between finishing "first, last or not at all", at which point the car appears to crash and shatters into pieces.
The campaign aims to gather an additional 1m pledges to 'Join The Pact' to never drink and drive, with each virtual glass engraved with the hashtag #ImNOTdriving, which consumers are being asked to use to show their commitment to the cause.
Brand: Johnnie Walker
Client: Ewan Topping, global marketing manager, Johnnie Walker Sponsorship and Carolyn Panzer, director of corporate social responsibility, Diageo
Agency: Iris Worldwide, Singapore
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London