The X Factor hit by transmission problems as peak falls to 9m
'The X Factor' had a peak audience of nine million last night despite transmission problems in the northern and central regions.
The X Factor: attracted a peak audience of nine million despite transmission problems
According to unofficial overnight figures, 'The X Factor' had an average audience of 8.02 million viewers, a 30.6 per cent share, across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1 during its hour-long episode, down from 9.12 million a week earlier on 24 November.
Last night's show featured the departure of the judges' favourite Tamera Foster, after Gary Barlow chose to put the final decision on who was to leave the show down to the public vote, saving Luke Friend.
The transmission issue also affected some of 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here', although that show still managed a peak audience of 11 million viewers across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1.
A spokeswoman for ITV said: "There was a transmission issue last night that affected ITV viewers in northern and central regions. We apologised to viewers for the inconvenience caused."
TalkTalk is the headline sponsor of 'The X Factor'.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London