The X Factor hit by transmission problems as peak falls to 9m
'The X Factor' had a peak audience of nine million last night despite transmission problems in the northern and central regions.
The X Factor: attracted a peak audience of nine million despite transmission problems
According to unofficial overnight figures, 'The X Factor' had an average audience of 8.02 million viewers, a 30.6 per cent share, across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1 during its hour-long episode, down from 9.12 million a week earlier on 24 November.
Last night's show featured the departure of the judges' favourite Tamera Foster, after Gary Barlow chose to put the final decision on who was to leave the show down to the public vote, saving Luke Friend.
The transmission issue also affected some of 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here', although that show still managed a peak audience of 11 million viewers across ITV, ITV HD and ITV +1.
A spokeswoman for ITV said: "There was a transmission issue last night that affected ITV viewers in northern and central regions. We apologised to viewers for the inconvenience caused."
TalkTalk is the headline sponsor of 'The X Factor'.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham