In pictures: Shortlist Media's Christmas party 2013
Stylist and Shortlist publisher Shortlist Media took over a circus school in east London last week for its annual Christmas party, known as the Grand Party.
Doormen in clown make-up greeted partygoers, who sampled mini mac 'n' cheese, candyfloss and cocktails in an outdoor courtyard and several huge halls of Circus Space, a circus school housed in a former Victorian power station.
Guests at the party included Shortlist chairman Sir David Arculus and Stylist and Shortlist publishing director Glenda Marchant, as well as celebrities including TV personality Danny Wallace.
Later in the evening, rap artist Wretch 32 performed to crowds.
Other entertainment was suitably circus-themed – acrobats performed on trapezes suspended from the ceiling and there were also fire-breathers, magicians, stilt-walkers and (transfer) tattoo artists.
Shortlist Media was founded by its chief executive Mike Soutar, and owns the free weekly lifestyle magazines ShortList and Stylist. Shortlist, edited by Martin Robinson, posted an average circulation of 534,494 between January and June 2013, according to ABC figures. Stylist, edited by Lisa Smosarski, recorded 435,768.
ShortList and Stylist also run separate brands for their online newsletters – Mr Hyde and Emerald Street respectively. Earlier in the year the publisher launched fashion and lifestyle website Never Underdressed.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London