FHM makes Ron Burgundy its first male cover star in 20 years
Bauer Media is putting Will Ferrell, who plays Ron Burgundy in the Anchor Man movies, on the cover or its January 2014 issue which launches tomorrow (5 December).
Will Ferrell: on FHM's January cover
Ferrell will appear in character as Ron Burgundy, star of the upcoming film ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’, the sequel to the cult 2004 film Anchor Man.
Bauer claims the issue will bring in the highest advertising revenue for a January issue in three years. It includes new advertisers such as Nike, Go Pro and K Swiss.
The issue also carries advertising activity from film brands Universal Pictures, Anchor Bay and Entertainment Film Distributors. Anchorman 2 is distributed by Paramount Pictures.
Rob Walsh, brand director at FHM, said: "This is an exceptionally exciting issue for FHM, both in terms of newsstand talkability and the buzz this has created with advertisers."
FHM recently hit one million ‘likes’ on Facebook. Its print edition has undergone an editorial repositioning in an attempt to slow falling circulation. Its circulication was 106,370 in the six months to June 2013, according to ABC figures, a quarter of the 2006 figure.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)