Flybe kicks off pitch for £7m creative account
Flybe, the budget airline, has called a review of its estimated £7 million ad account.
The company has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch for the business. The process is led by Flybe's general manager of marketing and franchises, Simon Lilley.
The account is currently handled by the leisure and travel specialist agency Souk Advertising.
It is understood that the airline is looking to expand into national TV advertising - traditionally, it has focused on regional press and the sponsorship of local ITV weather forecasts.
Flybe launched a review of its advertising arrangements in February, but this was later aborted. In May, it undertook a £9 million marketing repositioning to distance itself from other low-cost airlines.
The campaign, created by Souk, introduced the strap-line "Making flying better" and encompassed TV, press, outdoor, radio and digital activity.
It subsequently launched a TV spot called "preparation" that showed a man in an airport departure lounge preparing himself to fight for a seat on an airline, poking fun at its rivals easyJet and Ryanair. The ad was targeted at business travellers, which account for about 45 per cent of Flybe's customer base.
Flybe declined to comment on the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)