Viral review: Hyundai's 'Peep Show' ads work a treat
Social video experts Be On evaluate the latest viral campaign from Hyundai.
Hyundai: running amusing ad campaign
What the brand has done is create an entertaining video brochure of the cars which is both informative, but at the same time, creatively engaging. 8/10
Hyundai - Feel like a man and It's all about the kids
"You can't put a dolphin in a suitcase, it would die." This is the random and attention-catching opener to one of Hyundai's new online ads.
Created by Red Bee Media, the two online videos humourous sketches that in the style of Channel 4's Peep Show expose the inner thoughts of a man and a woman on separate visits to a Hyundai dealership. The prospective buyers, played by comedian Anna Crilly and BAFTA Award winner Darren Boyd, are oddballs whose comical personas definitely keep viewers glued to their screens.
So while the Hyundai’s staff member explains the features of the vehicle, the viewer listens in to the thoughts of the buyer. What the brand has done is create an entertaining video brochure of the cars (the new generation models of the i30 and Santa Fe) which is both informative, but at the same time, creatively engaging.
You could, however, question the length of the films and the video distribution strategy. The two ads, "It’s all about the kids" and "Feel like a man", are four and five minutes long, respectively. Even though the videos are funny, they risk losing viewers on the way as it may not be as "snackable" as your typical length of branded content.
With just a few views on the counter, the suspicion is that not much attention has been paid to video seeding. Without distribution in the right environments, this engaging content could fail to attract a significant amount of viewers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)