Argos takes crown for 2013's most-recalled ads
Argos' campaign featuring a family of aliens has taken the crown for the UK's most-recalled ads in 2013, beating Aldi and DFS into second and third place.
Argos: taks the crown for the UK's most-recalled ads in 2013
The high street retailer has triumphed after showing the most consistently-strong performance in Marketing’s weekly Adwatch countdown of the week’s most-recalled ads throughout 2013.
To measure the highest recall across the year, Marketing calculated both the total number of mentions in the weekly table and a points total based on position in the table. Brands were given 10 points for topping a weekly Adwatch table, nine points for finishing in second place, and so on.
Argos triumphed, racking up 23 appearances over the year, and amassing a huge total of 181 points. In second place, Aldi’s humorous ads focusing on the quality of its products were mentioned 20 times, with a points total of 135.
The year’s big success story, however, is Shop Direct, with its Very.co.uk and Littlewoods online retail brands snatching fourth and eighth place on the smallest budgets in the top 10, making theirs the year’s best-value TV advertising.
Separately, Unilever-owned PG Tips has been named the "best-liked commercial" for its ongoing campaign featuring the Monkey puppet character, beating O2 and Andrex into second and third places respectively.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London