Government ups investment in 'GREAT' campaign by 50%
The Government is to increase investment in its 'GREAT' overseas marketing campaign over the next three years, in an effort to boost tourism and trade with emerging markets.
GREAT campaign: Government boosts funding to £45m a year
Yesterday’s Autumn Statement announcement by chancellor George Osborne revealed that annual funding for the campaign will be increased by 50% to £45m for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 financial years.
The aim, according to the announcement, is to drive up interest in the
The 'GREAT' campaign has been used to promote a wide range of business, culture and sports topics, including, in August, the Barclays Premier League and the UK's film industry.
It was introduced in 2011, ahead of London 2012, with the ambition of attracting £1bn in Olympic business spending and bringing four million visitors to the capital during the Games. Early backers of the campaign included Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Burberry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester