Government ups investment in 'GREAT' campaign by 50%
The Government is to increase investment in its 'GREAT' overseas marketing campaign over the next three years, in an effort to boost tourism and trade with emerging markets.
GREAT campaign: Government boosts funding to £45m a year
Yesterday’s Autumn Statement announcement by chancellor George Osborne revealed that annual funding for the campaign will be increased by 50% to £45m for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 financial years.
The aim, according to the announcement, is to drive up interest in the
The 'GREAT' campaign has been used to promote a wide range of business, culture and sports topics, including, in August, the Barclays Premier League and the UK's film industry.
It was introduced in 2011, ahead of London 2012, with the ambition of attracting £1bn in Olympic business spending and bringing four million visitors to the capital during the Games. Early backers of the campaign included Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury's and Burberry.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- General Manager - Integrated Advertising Agency - Dubai MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London