The latest in our Forward50 trends series.
Sustainability is big business, and brands and consumers are facing tough decisions when it comes to the environmental and social consequences of their habits.
According to research from Edelman, 87% of consumers, globally, believe businesses should place at least as much emphasis on social interests as business ones; "purpose" has increased as a purchase trigger by 26% since 2008.
Marketing products or services with a brazen disregard for their environmental and social impact is not a sustainable strategy. Brands will be forced to change by consumers or government sanctions.
Responsible Prosperity is not about businesses building CSR credentials in isolation, but doing the right thing. The wonderful story behind the Grêle Rosé 2012 wine is one example of this trend.
In July 2012, a violent seven-minute hailstorm wiped out Château de Roquefort’s harvest and could easily have bankrupted the house. Instead, 35 rival growers contributed grapes from their own harvest, which were blended together by Château de Roquefort to create the Grêle 2012 blend: both an inspiring example of mutual support and a great bottle of wine.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London