The latest in our Forward50 trends series.
Sustainability is big business, and brands and consumers are facing tough decisions when it comes to the environmental and social consequences of their habits.
According to research from Edelman, 87% of consumers, globally, believe businesses should place at least as much emphasis on social interests as business ones; "purpose" has increased as a purchase trigger by 26% since 2008.
Marketing products or services with a brazen disregard for their environmental and social impact is not a sustainable strategy. Brands will be forced to change by consumers or government sanctions.
Responsible Prosperity is not about businesses building CSR credentials in isolation, but doing the right thing. The wonderful story behind the Grêle Rosé 2012 wine is one example of this trend.
In July 2012, a violent seven-minute hailstorm wiped out Château de Roquefort’s harvest and could easily have bankrupted the house. Instead, 35 rival growers contributed grapes from their own harvest, which were blended together by Château de Roquefort to create the Grêle 2012 blend: both an inspiring example of mutual support and a great bottle of wine.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London