Old Spice brings Isaiah Mustafa to the UK for its #GentleManHunt
Isaiah Mustafa, the permanently shirtless Old Spice Guy, is back and in the UK for the brand's next marketing campaign to find the quintessential qualities of a British gentleman, captured under the hashtag #GentleManHunt.
Old Spice: ambassador Isiah Mustafa observes gentlemanly qualities in the UK
The campaign, created by Leo Burnett, features the Old Spice Guy appearing once more in a series of witty videos, in which Mustafa, clad in towels bearing different national flags, sharing his views on the quirky regional differences in "gentlemanly behaviour" across the UK's biggest regions and cities.
Marking the launch of the #GentleManHunt in the UK this weekend, Mustafa has been parading around London in what Old Spice has identified as a gentleman's "preferred mode of transport," a white horse, pulling a "manly" carriage.
Mustafa has been travelling through the City of London as part of the Old Spice Gentleman City Tour, inviting people to have their picture taken with him in front of "man-iconic" landmarks, such as St Paul's Cathedral.
As part of the activity, Old Spice has conducted its own research into the modern British man. In a survey of more than 2,000 adults, the brand has found that "a real man pays the bill on the first date", with 52% of respondents agreeing, while less than two out of ten men think a modern man should wear speedos or a sarong (18% and 15% respectively).
Old Spice Guy Mustafa said: "In the spirit of Old Spice, I have a MAN-announcement to make.
"The people of the UK, the home of the quintessential Gentleman, have spoken: the traditional concepts of manliness continue to reign strong. Our lady folk want men that look and smell like a real MAN. This pleases me greatly.
"Gentlemen of the UK, I salute you."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Brand Strategy Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London