TUI Travel posts 21% profit leap in full-year results
TUI Travel, the holiday company behind the Thomson and First Choice brands, has recorded a 21% leap in pre-tax profits for the year to 30 September.
TUI: travel group announces pre-tax profit of £473m
The company, which is Europe's largest travel operator, recorded underlying pre-tax profit of £473m, up from £390m for the same period last year.
In the UK, TUI recorded underlying profit growth of 27% to £251m. It stated that investment in "the digital customer service" proposition and its online platform was delivering clear benefits to its consumers.
The results have exceeded the higher end of TUI's growth roadmap target by 10%, and chief executive Peter Long told BBC Radio 4's 'Today' programme that this was due to package holidays being "back in vogue."
It follows the news last month that ailing rival Thomas Cook posted full-year results showing £13m of operating profit, after suffering a £170m loss a year earlier.
Long said in a statement: "TUI Travel is structurally well positioned with a robust business model that gives us a long-term competitive advantage.
"The business continues to deliver sustainable growth through our unique holiday experiences, increasingly distributed online, whilst leveraging its scale as one organisation.
"This in turn, will drive further value for both our customers and shareholders."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire