TUI Travel posts 21% profit leap in full-year results
TUI Travel, the holiday company behind the Thomson and First Choice brands, has recorded a 21% leap in pre-tax profits for the year to 30 September.
TUI: travel group announces pre-tax profit of £473m
The company, which is Europe's largest travel operator, recorded underlying pre-tax profit of £473m, up from £390m for the same period last year.
In the UK, TUI recorded underlying profit growth of 27% to £251m. It stated that investment in "the digital customer service" proposition and its online platform was delivering clear benefits to its consumers.
The results have exceeded the higher end of TUI's growth roadmap target by 10%, and chief executive Peter Long told BBC Radio 4's 'Today' programme that this was due to package holidays being "back in vogue."
It follows the news last month that ailing rival Thomas Cook posted full-year results showing £13m of operating profit, after suffering a £170m loss a year earlier.
Long said in a statement: "TUI Travel is structurally well positioned with a robust business model that gives us a long-term competitive advantage.
"The business continues to deliver sustainable growth through our unique holiday experiences, increasingly distributed online, whilst leveraging its scale as one organisation.
"This in turn, will drive further value for both our customers and shareholders."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London