Rankin names 'body control' by Mercedes-Benz as favourite creative work of 2013
"It was pretty tough narrowing it down to one campaign - both the Honda and the Jack & Jones series were definitely in my top three. But, in the end, I went with the Mercedes-Benz 'Magic body control' TV commercial.
"What's not to love about a few mime artists and handful of chickens busting out some body control moves to a Diana Ross soundtrack? Definitely the kind of pitch I would have loved to have been involved with."
Chickens are shown "dancing" to disco classic Upside Down by Diana Ross in an ad that shows off the suspension in Mercedes-Benz cars.
The creative highlights the way chickens' heads remain static when being moved around, due to a lack of an ocular system, in an off-the-wall demonstration of the "magic body control" feature.
Client: Anders-Sundt Jensen, vice-president, brand communications, Mercedes-Benz.
Agencies: Jung von Matt and
Creatives: Peter Waibel, Robert Herter and Lukasz Brzozowski.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London