Rankin names 'body control' by Mercedes-Benz as favourite creative work of 2013
"It was pretty tough narrowing it down to one campaign - both the Honda and the Jack & Jones series were definitely in my top three. But, in the end, I went with the Mercedes-Benz 'Magic body control' TV commercial.
"What's not to love about a few mime artists and handful of chickens busting out some body control moves to a Diana Ross soundtrack? Definitely the kind of pitch I would have loved to have been involved with."
Chickens are shown "dancing" to disco classic Upside Down by Diana Ross in an ad that shows off the suspension in Mercedes-Benz cars.
The creative highlights the way chickens' heads remain static when being moved around, due to a lack of an ocular system, in an off-the-wall demonstration of the "magic body control" feature.
Client: Anders-Sundt Jensen, vice-president, brand communications, Mercedes-Benz.
Agencies: Jung von Matt and
Creatives: Peter Waibel, Robert Herter and Lukasz Brzozowski.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Media Business Director PFJ £70000.00 - £90000 per annum, London
- PERFORMANCE PLANNING DIRECTOR - MOBILE BRAND! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham