Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
Evian's "baby & me" film was the most popular video ad of 2013 in the UK, according to YouTube, followed by ads from John Lewis and Three.
YouTube ranked UK ads on its platform this year based on factors including views, how long people watched an ad for, and the proportion of organic views compared to paid views.
The "baby & me" video, created by BETC Paris for Evian, took the top spot. The film, which launched in April, featured the bottled water brand's trademark babies dancing to the Ini Kamoze song 'Here Comes the Hotstepper', remixed by Yuksek.
In the ad, adults catch sight of baby versions of themselves in mirrors and start dancing with their younger counterparts, tapping into Evian's 'Live Young' brand tagline.
The Evian ad spawned 334 viewer-created versions and more than 6.9 million people shared the video on social networks.
John Lewis' Christmas ad, "the bear and the hare", which was released last month, followed in second place.
The animated spot was created by Adam & Eve/DDB and has had more than double the number of YouTube views of last year's "the journey" ad, also by Adam & Eve/DDB.
In third position was "the pony" by Wieden & Kennedy, the moonwalking pony animation for the mobile network Three.
The top-ten ads had more than 180 million views between them in the UK this year, including paid-for views and organic views.
YouTube UK ads leaderboard 2013
1. Evian "baby & me" by BETC Paris
2. John Lewis "the bear & the hare" by Adam & Eve DDB
3. Three "the pony" by Wieden & Kennedy London
4. Dove "real beauty sketches" by Ogilvy & Mather Brasil
5. O2 "be more dog" by VCCP
6. Honda "hands" by Wieden & Kennedy London
7. PlayStation 4 "see it first at E3" teaser by Sony PlayStation
8. Pepsi Max "bus levitation" with Dynamo by Arnold KLP
9. Fifa 14 "we are Fifa 14" by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam
10. Sony "sound, vision, colour, detail" by McCann London
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1