Sotheby's recruits MasterCard marketer Alfredo Gangotena for CMO role
Sotheby's has appointed MasterCard's top global marketer Alfredo Gangotena to the position of chief marketing officer .
Alfredo Gangotena: joins Sotheby's from MasterCard
Gangotena will leave his current position as CMO at MasterCard Worldwide to join the auction house in early 2014 and will be responsible for shaping Sotheby’s global brand message.
He has previously held high-level management and marketing positions at Hutchison-Priceline in Asia Pacific, Proctor & Gamble and Disneyland Paris. He also currently serves as a governing co-chairman of the CMO Collective in
Amy Todd Middleton, Sotheby’s current worldwide director of marketing, will take on a new role in January, handling "projects" for chairman and chief executive Bill Ruprecht.
Bruno Vinciguerra, Sotheby’s chief operating officer, said: "We’re very happy to welcome Alfredo to Sotheby’s. He will be responsible for shaping and delivering Sotheby’s brand message globally – what we say through digital, advertising, catalogues, the press and philanthropy.
"He is well-versed in strategic brand positioning that’s focused on affluent clients, has led digital efforts to drive revenue opportunities and build brand and customer engagements, and he has deep experience working in Asia, Europe and the US."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London