Sotheby's recruits MasterCard marketer Alfredo Gangotena for CMO role
Sotheby's has appointed MasterCard's top global marketer Alfredo Gangotena to the position of chief marketing officer .
Alfredo Gangotena: joins Sotheby's from MasterCard
Gangotena will leave his current position as CMO at MasterCard Worldwide to join the auction house in early 2014 and will be responsible for shaping Sotheby’s global brand message.
He has previously held high-level management and marketing positions at Hutchison-Priceline in Asia Pacific, Proctor & Gamble and Disneyland Paris. He also currently serves as a governing co-chairman of the CMO Collective in
Amy Todd Middleton, Sotheby’s current worldwide director of marketing, will take on a new role in January, handling "projects" for chairman and chief executive Bill Ruprecht.
Bruno Vinciguerra, Sotheby’s chief operating officer, said: "We’re very happy to welcome Alfredo to Sotheby’s. He will be responsible for shaping and delivering Sotheby’s brand message globally – what we say through digital, advertising, catalogues, the press and philanthropy.
"He is well-versed in strategic brand positioning that’s focused on affluent clients, has led digital efforts to drive revenue opportunities and build brand and customer engagements, and he has deep experience working in Asia, Europe and the US."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London