Intel logo to appear inside Barcelona football shirts
Intel and Barcelona, the Spanish football club, have announced a deal to print the technology firm's logo on the inside of the club's latest kit, in keeping with the brand's "Intel Inside'" positioning.
Intel: logo will appear on the inside of Barcelona's shirts
Intel has signed a deal to become Barcelona's official technology partner and aims to make the football club the most technologically advanced in the world. The logo placement is the first of its kind and will promote the "Intel Inside" brand.
Intel announced that it will be providing its latest technologies to the club’s players and coaches, as well as more than 300 students at FC Barcelona’s La Masia youth training academy. Details of the technology and support programmes will be announced next year.
Additionally, products will be delivered across the education network the club has built around the world and new technology will be installed at the club's
Deborah Conrad, Intel chief marketing officer, said: "This is more than a sponsorship to Intel. The technology we are deploying and the programs we are working on together are designed to elevate FC Barcelona into one of the most technologically advanced football clubs in the world and to launch an ambitious slate of educational initiatives."
The new shirt will be worn for the first time in Barcelona's La Liga match against Villareal tomorrow.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton