Viral review: Poopy Cats ad is 'purrfect' for kitty litter brand
Social video experts Unruly evaluate the latest viral campaign from Poopy Cats
Poopy Cats: the ad has been 'clawing' its way up the viral chart
Poopy Cats - Poopy Cat Dolls: Do you want my purr purr?
Just how do you promote a company which specialises in disposable kitty litter?
Let’s face it, herding cats sounds like an easier, more desirable option. So you really have to applaud Dutch firm Poopy Cats for coming up with one of the most striking ads of the year.
Now, I must tell you, once you have watched their new music video "Do You Want My Purr Purr" it will be hard to erase that thought from your head. You have been warned.
After all, it’s not every day you get to see five cats dressed up to the nines pretending to be the now-defunct girl group, The Pussy Cat Dolls.
But then glamour-pusses Cleo, Diana, Jackie, Grace and Marilyn – a.k.a ‘The Poopy Cat Dolls’ – are not your average pop combo.
Sure, they may strut their stuff in front of the camera like would-be Nicole Scherzingers, but, as The Poopy Cats’ website proudly boasts, they are "feline, furry and full of cattitude" (sorry).
The ad has certainly been clawing its way up the Unruly Viral Video Chart. Since its launch on December 3, it has racked up more than 10,000 shares from 90,000 views – which means one in every nine people who have watched it have been compelled to share it with their friends.
It’s hardly surprising it’s been so popular. As we all know, cats are an internet favourite and have had their furry paws around YouTube’s throat for some time now.
But you really have to give Poopy Cat, which currently only delivers across the Netherlands, a lot of credit for coming up with something thought almost impossible – doing something completely fresh and new with cats.
It not only has the cute factor, but thanks to some wonderful touches and editing, is almost certain to make you both giggle and gawp at the screen.
With more distribution budget behind it, we have no doubt it would have been one of the most shared ads of the month.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire