Shop Direct hires My-Wardrobe.com founder Sarah Curran for luxury drive
Shop Direct has hired My-Wardrobe.com co-founder Sarah Curran to lead the development of its luxury branded fashion and beauty offering.
Sarah Curran: co-founded My-Wardrobe.com in 2006
The Littlewoods, isme.com and Very.co.uk-owner already offers up-market brands such as Ted Baker, Ugg and Hunter, generating annual sales of £1.7bn. However, Shop Direct is looking to expand its luxury proposition and offer a wider range of brands.
Curran will join the retailer next week as director, with a remit to "accelerate the development" of its luxury offering. She will report to group retail and strategy director Gareth Jones.
Jones said: "Our customers consistently tell us that they want to be able to shop a wider range of brands, particularly at the luxury end of the market. We’re delighted that Sarah has agreed to join us to further develop our strategy in this area."
Curran, who founded fashion retail site My-Wardrobe in 2006, said: "My ambition [has been] to democratise luxury by bringing fantastic brands to as wide an audience as possible.
"With its strong fashion and beauty credentials and the ability it offers customers to spread the cost of their purchases, Shop Direct takes that ethos to the next level."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics & Insights Manager, top agency in Mancheseter Perfect Marketing People To £38k, Manchester, Greater Manchester