Karen Blackett to chair Women of Tomorrow judging panel
Karen Blackett, the chief executive of MediaCom, is to co-chair the judges of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising and Campaign's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition.
Karen Blackett: to co-chair the judging panel in the 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition
This will be the second year of the competition and of Blackett’s involvement in the judging. She will chair the judges alongside Maisie McCabe, the news editor of Campaign and Media Week.
The competition showcases female future industry leaders from the middle echelons of management in agencies, media owners or client companies.
Nominations are open until 17 January 2014, with the ten winners awarded at a ceremony in March, to coincide with International Women’s Day, which is on 8 March.
Blackett said: "Having judged the competition last year, I was thrilled to be able to meet and talk with the amazing breadth and depth of female talent in our industry. I am therefore delighted to be a part of the judging process again this year and to be helping continue our search for the industry’s future female leaders."
The other judges who will make up this year’s panel of adland’s leading women are: Tess Alps, the executive chair at Thinkbox; Lindsay Pattison, the chief executive of Maxus UK and chief strategy officer of Maxus Worldwide; Camilla Harrison the chief executive of M&C Saatchi; Catherine Kehoe, the managing director of retail brands and marketing at Lloyds Banking Group, and Susanna Dinnage, the general manager of Discovery Networks UK.
The competition is run in partnership with Facebook, TLC and Daniel Marks. Facebook will also send a representative to judge the competition.
The winners of the 2013 competition were:
Victoria Appleby, associate director, MediaCom
Rachel Eyre, senior brand manager, Barclays
Alex Goat, client Services Director, Livity
Malin Hanas, creative director, RazorFish
Shelina Janmohamed, vice-president, Ogilvy Noor;
Gemma Lee, head of radio, Carat Manchester
Vicki Maguire, creative director, Grey London
Hannah Matthews, group marketing director, Karmarama
Lizzie Shupak, senior business strategist, LBi
Chrissy Totty, strategy director, Vizeum UK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London