Dave Stewart's creative highlight of 2013: Southern Comfort's 'Whatever's Comfortable'
"I love this message because it makes people feel good about themselves. We all have so much pressure to look right, act right and be righteous, but we just don't look right and can't be righteous all of the time."
Dave Stewart: now creative marketing director, Talenthouse
"It says: 'Fuck it. I am who I am.' (This usually gets you through life a lot eas ier than trying to be who you're not.)"
Southern Comfort: "Shampoo"
People who embody "being comfortable in themselves" are championed by Southern Comfort in the "Whatever's comfortable" campaign, which kicked off with a rotund, mustachioed man walking down a beach in Speedos.
This follow-up is set to Lou Johnson's The Beat and shows a man wearing snakeskin boots relaxing and having his hair washed at a local beauty salon.
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York.
Creatives: Ian Reichenthal and Scott Vitrone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East