Direct Line reviews £46m ad account
Direct Line is reviewing its £46 million advertising account, putting incumbent M&C Saatchi on alert.
Direct Line: reviews £45m ad account
The review does not affect the other Direct Line Group brands – Churchill, which is handled by WCRS, and Green Flag, which works with CHI & Partners.
It is expected that both roster and non-roster agencies will be invited to pitch for the account, which M&C Saatchi won in 2005.
Direct Line will contact agencies in the coming days and introductory meetings could happen as soon as next week. Following those meetings, Direct Line will issue a Request for Proposal ahead of a full pitch.
A Direct Line spokeswoman said: "Direct Line can confirm it is to put its lead creative agency account out to tender and will be inviting agencies to pitch. We have reviewed many of our marketing partners over the past 18 months to ensure that we have the best in class capability for our business.
"The Direct Line brand is at an exciting juncture in its evolution, so the time is now right to explore the market to evaluate lead creative agencies."
The Direct Line brand spent £46 million on media in the 12 months to the end of September 2012, according to Nielsen.
Direct Line Group retained MediaCom to its £85 million media planning and buying business in August following a competitive pitch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London