BMB wins global Legoland brief
Legoland-owner Merlin Entertainments has appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to create a new global campaign for the theme park, after a pitch.
Legoland: Windsor resort TV campaign
BMB won the business in a pitch that kicked off in July. The final stage also involved VCCP and Anomaly Amsterdam. The process was run through AAR.
BMB will create an above-the-line campaign to run in markets where Merlin has Legoland parks – the UK, Denmark, Germany, California, Florida and Malaysia. The work will launch ahead of the peak Easter season in 2014.
The campaign will encourage visitors to stay longer at the Legoland theme parks, which are based around the Lego building brick toys.
DLKW Lowe has worked with Legoland on a project basis since 2005 but was not involved in this recent pitch process.
Dan Gregson, the managing director of BMB, said Legoland was a "unique and vibrant brand".
He said: "There really is no other theme park concept like it."
Merlin, which also owns Alton Towers, has recently added hotels, water parks and other additional attractions such as its Sea Life aquariums to the Legoland parks, in a move to encourage visitors to use them as short break destinations.
Merlin Entertainments floated on the stock market in November and raised at least $1.5 billion (£920 million).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Digital Designer- Retail Brand! Up to £300/day! Nakama up to £300/day!, London