Facebook hires former Apple ad man Scott Trattner for creative director role
Facebook has hired Scott Trattner, who worked on Apple's advertising for nearly 10 years, as its executive creative director.
Facebook Home: airplane by Wieden + Kennedy
Trattner will work alongside Facebook consumer marketing director Rebecca Van Dyck and will report to chief marketing officer Garry Briggs, who was appointed to the newly created role in August, after being poached from Google-owned Motorola Mobility.
Briggs said: "Scott will be a great addition to our team at Facebook. His previous work has demonstrated the type of inventive thinking and willingness to push creative boundaries that will be enormously valuable to us."
Trattner previously worked as executive creative director at TBWA\Media Arts Lab, a unit within TBWA set up to specifically work on Apple’s ad account, between 2004 and 2012.
His tenure included work on product launches such as the iPhone, iPad and iTunes, before he left to work for ad agency 72andSunny for seven months, before returning to TBWA\Media Arts Lab in February.
Trattner’s appointment comes in a year that the company begins to roll out above-the-line marketing for its products and services.
Facebook launched its first TV ad in April to push the launch of its Facebook Home product, which overlays elements of the Facebook’s features onto Google’s Android operating system.
The ad, by Wieden + Kennedy, showed a "boring business trip get a lot less boring" when Facebook Home results in the man’s trip being taken over by his Facebook account.
Television activity never ran in the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham