Starcom MediaVest to move outdoor to Posterscope
Starcom MediaVest Group (SMG) is to award its outdoor media business to Dentsu's Posterscope from WPP's Kinetic.
Posterscope: takes up Starcom MediaVest Group's outdoor media business
Sources said the upcoming merger between SMG’s parent group Publicis Groupe and its rival Omnicom has motivated the move, which will be effective from the start of 2015.
SMG’s sister agency ZenithOptimedia already works with Posterscope in its joint venture Meridian Outdoor. Walker Media, in which ZenithOptimedia bought a majority stake last month, also works with Posterscope.
It is understood that Kinetic will continue its relationship with Starcom for the next 12 months and the move will be effective from January 2015.
Although Kinetic is SMG's outdoor partner, SMG actually plans and buys its outdoor media itself, supported by Kinetic resources and systems.
Omnicom Media Group moved its £140 million UK outdoor planning and buying account to Talon Outdoor in April this year. Sources said Talon was not involved in the competitive process for the SMG business.
Since Publicis Groupe and Omnicom confirmed their intention to merge in July 2013 competition between them and rival WPP has heightened. However, executives and agencies within Publicis Groupe and Omnicom have also started to posture for position.
No one at Kinetic, Posterscope or SMG would comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London