Britvic names ex-Diageo marketer Matt Barwell as CMO
Britvic has hired former Diageo marketing director Matt Barwell as its new chief marketing officer.
Matt Barwell (pic Steve Orino)
Barwell replaces Simon Stewart, who now holds an international role within the business.
Barwell left Diageo in September this year, where he was the marketing and innovation director for the company’s Western Europe division. He was with the company for 15 years and was responsible for brands including Guinness, Smirnoff and Pimm’s.
At Britvic he will be responsible for the company’s global marketing, innovation and sustainability strategies, and is believed to be reporting to chief executive Simon Litherland.
The appointment completes the new executive team put in place by Litherland to oversee Britvic’s new strategy, announced earlier this year.
Litherland said: "As we continue to focus on building truly global brands, Barwell will not only have a critical role to play in building brand equity across our international territories but will also be responsible for ensuring that our sustainable business strategy is fully embedded throughout Britvic."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire