Britvic names ex-Diageo marketer Matt Barwell as CMO
Britvic has hired former Diageo marketing director Matt Barwell as its new chief marketing officer.
Matt Barwell (pic Steve Orino)
Barwell replaces Simon Stewart, who now holds an international role within the business.
Barwell left Diageo in September this year, where he was the marketing and innovation director for the company’s Western Europe division. He was with the company for 15 years and was responsible for brands including Guinness, Smirnoff and Pimm’s.
At Britvic he will be responsible for the company’s global marketing, innovation and sustainability strategies, and is believed to be reporting to chief executive Simon Litherland.
The appointment completes the new executive team put in place by Litherland to oversee Britvic’s new strategy, announced earlier this year.
Litherland said: "As we continue to focus on building truly global brands, Barwell will not only have a critical role to play in building brand equity across our international territories but will also be responsible for ensuring that our sustainable business strategy is fully embedded throughout Britvic."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East