Britvic names ex-Diageo marketer Matt Barwell as CMO
Britvic has hired former Diageo marketing director Matt Barwell as its new chief marketing officer.
Matt Barwell (pic Steve Orino)
Barwell replaces Simon Stewart, who now holds an international role within the business.
Barwell left Diageo in September this year, where he was the marketing and innovation director for the company’s Western Europe division. He was with the company for 15 years and was responsible for brands including Guinness, Smirnoff and Pimm’s.
At Britvic he will be responsible for the company’s global marketing, innovation and sustainability strategies, and is believed to be reporting to chief executive Simon Litherland.
The appointment completes the new executive team put in place by Litherland to oversee Britvic’s new strategy, announced earlier this year.
Litherland said: "As we continue to focus on building truly global brands, Barwell will not only have a critical role to play in building brand equity across our international territories but will also be responsible for ensuring that our sustainable business strategy is fully embedded throughout Britvic."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)