Auckland reforms former management team in Metro shake-up
Steve Auckland, the former managing director of Metro newspaper who was reappointed to the same role in November, has rehired its former management team amid an ongoing restructure of the business.
Steve Auckland: brings back former management team members to Metro
Grant Woodthorpe, who first joined in 2000 and held roles including trading director and executive director of sales, will rejoin Metro as trading director in the new year.
In addition, Karen Wall, who first joined Metro in 1999 and was responsible for positioning the newsbrand as assistant managing director, is also returning to the publisher as executive director.
Wall followed Auckland to sibling regional group Northcliffe Media and latterly Local World for 18 months.
She will now be responsible for marketing, research, communication and talent at Metro.
Elsewhere, Metro's commercial director Matt Teeman is taking on a wider group role at DMG Media’s client sales team as commercial director to work alongside Marcus Rich, who is leaving the company in the new year to become chief executive of IPC Media.
Teeman has been with Metro for 14 months, having moved from his role of managing director of advertising at Immediate Media.
Auckland said: "I'm thrilled to have both Grant and Karen on board. They are experienced operators who really understand the business, possess excellent people skills and are passionate champions of the brand. I'm really pleased that Matt has a critical role in helping to shape DMG Media’s commercial future."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London