Northern & Shell mulls £900m Channel 5 sell-off
Northern & Shell has appointed Barclays to look at the possibilities of selling Channel 5, which could be valued at as much as £900 million.
Channel 5: owner Northern & Shell may be looking to sell
Richard Desmond-owned N&S bought Channel 5 from the German broadcaster RTL Group in 2010 for £103.5 million, but after three years of cutting costs out of the business and rising ad revenues, it is expected to be worth much more.
It is understood that the business could be worth in the region £700 million to £900 million.
The process is at an early stage and N&S has not yet decided whether it will definitely sell the business. In 2011, Desmond, who is the chairman of N&S, did not make any divestments, despite hiring Barclays Capital to make a valuation.
Channel 5 made a profit of £20.6 million in the first six months of 2013, a turnaround form a loss of 16.1 million in the same period of 2012.
A spokeswoman for N&S declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)