Northern & Shell mulls £900m Channel 5 sell-off
Northern & Shell has appointed Barclays to look at the possibilities of selling Channel 5, which could be valued at as much as £900 million.
Channel 5: owner Northern & Shell may be looking to sell
Richard Desmond-owned N&S bought Channel 5 from the German broadcaster RTL Group in 2010 for £103.5 million, but after three years of cutting costs out of the business and rising ad revenues, it is expected to be worth much more.
It is understood that the business could be worth in the region £700 million to £900 million.
The process is at an early stage and N&S has not yet decided whether it will definitely sell the business. In 2011, Desmond, who is the chairman of N&S, did not make any divestments, despite hiring Barclays Capital to make a valuation.
Channel 5 made a profit of £20.6 million in the first six months of 2013, a turnaround form a loss of 16.1 million in the same period of 2012.
A spokeswoman for N&S declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London