Scott Monks departs Box TV
Scott Monks, the executive director of Box Television, has left the Bauer Media and Channel 4-backed broadcaster after 17 years.
Scott Monks: leaves Box TV after 17 years
Monks has left the company, which operated channels including 4Music and The Hits, to take some time out of the industry before setting up his own business.
At Box TV, Monks was responsible for its international expansion, music rights negotiations, operations and business affairs.
Monks said: "I have had a fantastic time at Box TV working on some great projects such as launching 11 channels including the UK's #1 music channel 4Music, the formation of the Channel 4/Bauer joint venture and, most recently, the expansion of the business overseas.
"I have also really enjoyed evolving the business to the many changes in the industry over the last 17 years and delivering exceptional results. It was a difficult decision to make but I thought it was time to take some time out before setting up my own businesses."
Prior to becoming a board director of Box TV in 2008, Monks was the joint managing director of Box TV between April 2006 and January 2008.
His other previous roles include the position of director at Bauer Media's predecessor Emap, between August 2002 and April 2006, and head of operations at Box TV between February 2000 and July 2002.
Box TV hired Matt Rennie, the former enterprise director at Global Radio, as its managing director, replacing Gidon Katz, in September.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Group Account Director Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, Central London