Aviva CMO Amanda Mackenzie recognised in New Year's Honours List
Amanda Mackenzie, the chief marketing and communication officer at Aviva and former president of the Marketing Society, has been awarded an OBE for services to marketing.
Amanda Mackenzie: awarded an OBE for services to marketing (pic: Colin Stout)
Former British Gas marketer Mackenzie joined Aviva in 2008, where she led the insurance group’s rebrand from Norwich Union. She has been a board member at Mothercare and Lord Davies’ Women on Boards steering group, and was the president of the Marketing Society for two years.
As president, Mackenzie made a call for sustainable growth to be the central aim of all marketers when she delivered the society’s ‘Manifesto for marketing’. She stepped down from her role with the Marketing Society at the end of last year and has been succeeded by United Biscuits chief executive Martin Glenn.
Mackenzie told Marketing: "I am thrilled and it only makes you realise how much strength and inspiration I have enjoyed from great people over the years which has helped me so much.
"From my work for Aviva, the National Youth Orchestra and of course as president of the Marketing Society, to be appreciated and recognised for doing something you love is simply wonderful."
Mackenzie is one of a number of advertising and marketing professionals recognised on this year’s list, including IAB chairman Richard Eyre, who receives a CBE for services to advertising and the media.
Nissan's top global marketer Andy Palmer has been named Companion the Order of St. Michael and
Advertising Association chief executive Tim Lefroy said: "As advertising moves up the economic agenda, it’s gratifying to see its leaders recognised."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London