Travelodge prepares £10m campaign to relaunch brand
Travelodge will launch a £10m television campaign in the spring as part of a brand relaunch after fighting off administration last year.
Travelodge: set to relaunch brand with TV campaign in the spring
The budget hotel chain posted pre-tax losses of £71.1m in 2012 and is seeking to turn around the business under a recovery plan from new owners GoldenTree Asset Management, Avenue Capital and Goldman Sachs.
Private equity firm Dubai International Capital passed on control of Travelodge to the three companies in August, as part of a deal that wrote off £235m of bank debt.
The brand relaunch comes after the hotel chain has refurbished more than 16,000 of its 35,000 rooms in the
Brian Wallace, chairman of Travelodge, told the Daily Telegraph that Travelodge is reclaiming market share after losing ground to Whitbread-owned Premier Inn, which has recorded strong growth in the past 18 months.
Wallace said. "Wounded animals come back to life and we are back to life in a big way. Travelodge happened to go through an unfortunate ownership period, but the truth is it’s a great brand – everyone has heard of it.
"Across the whole of the
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire