Sony makes data grab with launch of smart wristband and Lifelog app
Sony has launched a Nike Fuel-style smart wristband at this year's CES exhibition, which links up to a new 'Lifelog' application that allows users to log their everyday activities.
Sony: SmartBand wearable device interacts with Xperia smartphones
The SmartBand wearable device is waterproof and designed to be worn 24/7, and is the first product in a new Sony SmartWear range, which will combine wearable devices with Xperia smartphones and the Lifelog app.
Lifelog can see if you have been "walking, running, cycling or travelling by train and how you’ve slept", says Sony
It also keeps a history of the photos the user has taken, the music they have listened to and social interactions with friends, and is part of a proposition to show "how much you live".
The app also has a "life bookmark" key that will allow you to log special occasions such as a visit to a great restaurant, a "beautiful" sunset or the hearing of an "amazing" song.
Adrian Moxley, chief marketing officer and co-founder at visual classification company WeSEE, said: "Based on use, [wearable] devices will be able to offer personal recommendations for entertainment, shopping and dining, and of course, keep us plugged into social."
"Brands must consider consumer concerns regarding the amount of personal data being collected on them. With many individuals fearing a 'Big Brother' style future, successful brands will be those that mine data and show consumers that they are doing so to provide superior user experiences."
Sony’s SmartBand is designed to "seamlessly" interact with smartphones and will vibrate when people receive a call, message or other notification.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London