Brit Awards ramps up digital activity to reward fans
The Brit Awards with Mastercard is ramping up its digital marketing activity in a bid to better engage with its 16- to 35-year-old audience, by rewarding them with exclusive content.
Brit Awards: focuses on target audience through enhanced digital activity
The campaign, created by Somethin' Else, will focus on creating content within three main areas – fashion, music and gossip.
It will include a fashion blogger being given complete access to the Brits, and she will post content to her own site to promote the activity, while a young YouTube music star will have the same access, creating special content for his own channel.
Fans will have the opportunity to see interviews and extras with artists such as David Bowie, James Blake, Laura Marling and Laura Mvula, Rudimental and Arctic Monkeys, who were revealed on the long list of nominees yesterday.
Giuseppe De Cristofano, digital and technology manager at The BRITs, said its digital strategy had evolved over the past few years to reflect the changing way that people consume music and content online.
He said: "People expect to interact with media brands more and more online and in new ways, so we're investing in digital to meet this demand and to reach audiences that don't necessarily consume traditional 'mainstream' media.
"Somethin' Else pitched a strategy based on producing highly shareable and engaging content, and using YouTube stars with huge existing followings on that platform, to increase our reach online and ultimately drive more eyeballs towards the BRITs story."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London