Apple uses Dead Poets' Society speech to demonstrate iPad creativity
"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry, because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion."
iPad ad uses Dead Poets' Society speech
"And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for."
So said Robin Williams’ character Professor Keating in the Dead Poets’ Society. His speech is resurrected here for this Apple iPad air TV ad, which demonstrates the machine as a tool or vehicle for creativity.
Microsite: Your Verse
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...