King of Shaves launches 'revolutionary' Hyperglide razor
King of Shaves is squaring up to the likes of Gillette with the launch of a self-lubricating razor called Hyperglide, which eliminates the need for shaving foam, and is promoting the product with a £1m marketing campaign.
King of Shaves: launches its self-lubricating Hyperglide razor today
The Hyperglide, which has been four years in research and development, and drawn £5m in investment, features a patented water-activated, self-lubricating cartridge.
The product is being officially launched later today at an event in London, with the proceedings streamed live via Shave.com.
Launch marketing includes a viral ad created by agency Tiger’s Eye, as well as print, online, social media and PR activity.
The Hyperglide uses "superhydrophilic" technology to create a lubricating "HydroGel" so that users can "just add water and shave". The technology behind it was originally developed by a UK university for use in the medical device industry.
King of Shaves claims that the Hyperglide’s "smart-cartridge" makes the lube strips typically used by razor manufactures obsolete.
Will King, the company’s founder and chief executive, said: "Launching Hyperglide is an iPhone moment for us. Competitor razors always require a shave prep – gel, foam or cream – to deliver a comfortable and close shave; whereas with Hyperglide, water does the hard work.
"I view our competitors as stuck in the ‘mechanical button phone’ era – pressing on with the old, whilst we pioneer the new. It’s taken four years and £5m investment to develop and perfect this technology, which is a genuine shaving world first."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)