Yahoo parts ways with COO Henrique de Castro after just one year
Yahoo chief operating officer Henrique de Castro is leaving the company just over a year after being poached from Google.
Yahoo: chief operating officer Henrique de Castro leaves the company
A Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing states he will leave the company today and an internal memo obtained by technology website Re/code reveals he was fired by chief executive Marissa Mayer.
In the memo, Mayer states that "during my reflection, I made the difficult decision that our COO, Henrique de Castro, should leave the company".
The SEC filing reveals he will receive severance benefits outlined when he joined the company in November 2012, a severance agreement and equity award agreements.
Another SEC filing reveals the severance package includes a $20 million (£12 million) restricted stock bonus, which comes on top of the $39.2 million (£20 million) he earned in 2012.
Mayer lured Castro to Yahoo from his job at Google, where he held a vice-president job title and managed media, mobile and platforms globally.
However, Yahoo lost its spot as the number-two digital ad seller in the US to Facebook for the first time in 2013, according to figures from eMarketer.
The research company claims Yahoo's share of US digital ad revenues continue to decline, reaching 5.8% in 2013, from a 6.8% share in 2012.
By comparison, Facebook’s share grew to 7.4% in 2013 from 5.9% in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london