BMW appoints Uwe Dreher as UK marketing chief
BMW has appointed Uwe Dreher as its UK marketing director following last year's promotion of predecessor Chris Brownridge.
Uwe Dreher: BMW UK's new marketing chief
Dreher, who takes up the new post with immediate effect, was previously head of marketing for BMW i – launching the brand and overseeing subsequent car launches. He held the post since 2010. He joined BMW Group in 2002 and has held various marketing roles.
Dreher will report to Tim Abbott, BMW Group UK’s managing director, who said: "The UK is a key strategic market for BMW and Uwe brings with him a wide range of marketing expertise which will enhance and strengthen the appeal of the BMW brand and our expanding model portfolio.
"Chris Brownridge has successfully developed the brand over the past three years and joins MINI at an exciting time with the launch of the new generation model in the spring."
Dreher said: "This is a great opportunity for me to lead the marketing activities in one of the BMW Group’s largest markets and I am really looking forward to working with the team to build innovative and creative marketing campaigns which will attract our existing and also new customers."
Brownridge, who led BMW’s marketing during the London 2012 Olympics, was appointed director of Mini UK in September last year.
He succeeded Jochen Goller, who had been promoted to senior vice-president of Mini based at its Munich HQ.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- E-Commerce Product Manager Stopgap £300 - £400 per day + 12 month contract, South East England