VIDEO: Prince Harry thanks brands for charity trek support
Prince Harry has paid tribute to sponsors including Virgin Money and Glenfiddich for supporting charity Walking with the Wounded's 2013 South Pole Allied Challenge.
Prince Harry speaking at a press event for Walking With the Wounded
Edward Parker, expedition director for Walking With The Wounded, explained the importance of brand sponsorship when organising an event on such a large scale.
He said that Virgin Money and Glenfiddich among other brands had helped to make the 13-day trek to the South Pole a reality.
Actor Dominic West, best known for his role in 'The Wire', and 'True Blood' star Alexander Skarsgard joined Prince Harry alongside ex-servicemen and women to raise money for those wounded in action.
A documentary following the 13-day trek will be broadcast on ITV in March.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London