PepsiCo targets 'popped' snacks market with Walkers Pops range
PepsiCo is looking to capitalise on growth in the "popped" snacks market with the launch of a Walkers Pops sub-brand.
Walkers Pops: readies UK launch
The company claims the snacks, made using high-pressure cooking rather than baking or frying, offer "full-on taste" with half the fat of its standard crisp products.
Popped snacks have grown in popularity in the
Kellogg’s entered the market with its Special K Cracker Crisps range, while several supermarket chains have also started offering popped snack lines.
The Walkers Pop range, which hits supermarket shelves next month, will come in four variants: Original; Sour Cream & Onion; Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon; and Prawn Cocktail.
It will be supported with a TV ad campaign in March, alongside in-store sampling activity, according to reports.
PepsiCo has already rolled out the range in the
Separately, Walkers recently revived its 'Do Us a Flavour' campaign encouraging consumers to nominate their new flavour ideas, with the person suggesting the most popular variant winning a £1m prize.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)