PepsiCo targets 'popped' snacks market with Walkers Pops range
PepsiCo is looking to capitalise on growth in the "popped" snacks market with the launch of a Walkers Pops sub-brand.
Walkers Pops: readies UK launch
The company claims the snacks, made using high-pressure cooking rather than baking or frying, offer "full-on taste" with half the fat of its standard crisp products.
Popped snacks have grown in popularity in the
Kellogg’s entered the market with its Special K Cracker Crisps range, while several supermarket chains have also started offering popped snack lines.
The Walkers Pop range, which hits supermarket shelves next month, will come in four variants: Original; Sour Cream & Onion; Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon; and Prawn Cocktail.
It will be supported with a TV ad campaign in March, alongside in-store sampling activity, according to reports.
PepsiCo has already rolled out the range in the
Separately, Walkers recently revived its 'Do Us a Flavour' campaign encouraging consumers to nominate their new flavour ideas, with the person suggesting the most popular variant winning a £1m prize.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London