PepsiCo targets 'popped' snacks market with Walkers Pops range
PepsiCo is looking to capitalise on growth in the "popped" snacks market with the launch of a Walkers Pops sub-brand.
Walkers Pops: readies UK launch
The company claims the snacks, made using high-pressure cooking rather than baking or frying, offer "full-on taste" with half the fat of its standard crisp products.
Popped snacks have grown in popularity in the
Kellogg’s entered the market with its Special K Cracker Crisps range, while several supermarket chains have also started offering popped snack lines.
The Walkers Pop range, which hits supermarket shelves next month, will come in four variants: Original; Sour Cream & Onion; Melted Cheese & Crispy Bacon; and Prawn Cocktail.
It will be supported with a TV ad campaign in March, alongside in-store sampling activity, according to reports.
PepsiCo has already rolled out the range in the
Separately, Walkers recently revived its 'Do Us a Flavour' campaign encouraging consumers to nominate their new flavour ideas, with the person suggesting the most popular variant winning a £1m prize.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)