Half of UK concerned internet is eroding personal privacy
Almost half of the UK's online population are concerned the internet is eroding their personal privacy, according to market research firm GlobalWebIndex.
Some 48% of the online population of the UK aged between 16-64 worry about the internet’s impact on their privacy, although the UK only ranks 24 out of 32 in a study that ranks how concerned countries are towards privacy.
|Country||% of people concerned web is eroding personal privacy||Number of people (millions)|
The study of 170,000 individuals, which was timed to coincide with today’s (28 February) Data Privacy Day, found that globally 56% of people are concerned the internet is eroding their privacy, with the South Koreans and Chinese being most worried.
|Period||% of people concerned web is eroding personal privacy||Number of people (millions)|
GlobalWebIndex’s research claims some 1.4 million of the
The research additionally found that there are 1.95 million Snapchat users in the
Services including Snapchat have been accused of not doing enough to secure privacy of their users in the past.
Snapchat fell victim to a hack that led to 4.6 million usernames and number being published by a site called SnapchatDB.info.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)